Sunday, September 15, 2013

Prod Mat's BOLD FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS!!!

The worst part about writing is actually just sitting in the same place and typing for fifteen minutes.
(I recorded this right after Peyton Manning's 7 touchdown performance in that Thursday night game.)

Here we go:

1. Peyton Manning is going to break the record for passing touchdowns this year. I think it's safe to project him for a 80 TD season. I mean is it really that far fetched to assume he will throw four TDs a game for the rest of the season? That puts him around 64 touchdowns, add a few 5 TD games in there and 70 is right in his wheel house. Is 80 really that unrealistic? Honestly, I'm guessing he just starts playing in the NFL like a fourteen year old kid plays Madden; he's just going to have some ridiculous stats.

2. Sam Bradford throws for 5,000 yards. If you listen to the podcast you know some of the other hosts of the show like to stretch this out and act like I said 6,400 yards. While I think 6,400 isn't that far out of Sam's realm of possibility, I'm just going to play it safe and stick with 5,000. Especially considering the record for yards is 5,476 by Drew Brees and only 6 quarterbacks have ever passed for more than 5,000 yards and 3 of them are Drew Brees. (Also, no Rams' reciever will have more than 1,000 yards.)

3. Rams break the all time sack record which is 72 set by the 1982 Chicago Bears. The Rams had 52 sacks last year. Not bad, but I expect Robert Quinn and Chris Long to step their game up another level. The Rams defensive line is just amazing, like eight dude's that could be starters. The  linebackers are athletic, so hey, get a few blitzes rolling with them and watch the sacks.

4. Cincinnati is going to be good.
And this is why. You don't mess with James Harrison.

5. New England Patriots go 5-11. I'm not feeling Tom Brady this year. I don't think the Patriots are going to be very good this season. I wanna see their best running back play a little more, then maybe I'll change my mind... Blount. No playoffs.

6. If Danny Amendola and Wes Welker are both healthy, Amendola has a better season. They are clones of eachother, but Amendola is younger. Advantage Danny.

7. I don't think Russel Wilson is going to be very good. Name another starting QB that's under six feet tall... I'll wait... Drew Brees? Thought so. Drew Brees is amazing and Russel is no Drew.

8. Derius Heyward-Bay. I just got a good feeling.

9.            AFC Championship: Chiefs vs. Bengals              NFC Championship: Rams vs. New York
Superbowl: Chiefs vs. Rams

10. Andrew Luck will have the best season out of the rookies from last year.

Hustle on HuSTLers,

Prod Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment